Red Wine Chocolate Truffles
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 teaspoons Powdered Sugar Shaker
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Place chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium high, just until it boils. Pour hot cream directly into the bowl with chocolate, then add wine, powdered sugar, vanilla and espresso powder. Gently whisk the mixture together until chocolate is smooth and melted. (If chocolate does not melt completely, place it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until it melts completely.) Cover bowl, then place it in refrigerator to set, 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and dust cocoa powder into a wide plate or pie dish. With a small scoop, melon baller, or spoon, scoop chocolate and form it into a ball, then it roll in cocoa powder. Place on baking sheet, then repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes to set. Serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.