- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled and well mashed
- 2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110°F - 120°F)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, for coating
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Place mashed rice into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Sprinkle yeast into warm water and allow it to dissolve, until foamy, 10-15 minutes.
- Pour yeast mixture into mashed rice and stir to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove rice mixture from refrigerator and add in whisked eggs, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Add in flour and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Cover bowl with a towel and place in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour, until mixture is bubbly and slightly airy. It will increase in size slightly.
- Heat oil in a medium Dutch oven or electric fryer until it reaches 365°F. Drop batter by heaping tablespoon into oil and fry until golden brown, turning once, to brown evenly. Remove fritters from oil and transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Work in batches of 4-5 fritters at a time.
- Place powdered sugar in a large zip-top or brown paper bag. Add in half fritter and shake to coat. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Best enjoyed day they are made.