Rice Krispie Treat Truffles
- 1/2 batch Rice Krispie® Treats*
- 1 pound dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup favorite liqueur (or add additional cream)
- Cocoa powder
- Roll Rice Krispie® Treats into dime size balls. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in heat proof bowl. Set aside.
- In small sauce pan, heat cream, brown sugar and salt to just boiling. Pour cream mixture over chocolate and gently stir until the mixture is smooth and silky. Add liqueur. Refrigerate until firm.
- Scoop quarter size ball of truffle mixture and flatten a bit. Place Rice Krispie®Treat ball into center of truffle mix and encase in chocolate. Roll gently between the palms of your hands to seal then roll in cocoa powder. (This part is messy so you might want to wear gloves.)
- Refrigerate and serve cool. Best served same day or next.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
*Visit the Kellog's website for the original Rice Krispie®Treat recipe.
These are so wonderful! I coated some of mine in coco powder but I also rolled in pecans, pistachios, sesame seeds and even jimmies.........everyone loved them all! Very easy to do as well.