Root Beer Crème Brûlée
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Whisk egg yolks together until very well blended. Whisk in milk.
- Add sugar and whisk vigorously until well mixed.
- Add 2 cups whipping cream, salt, and root beer concentrate.
- Place 5 ramekins in a roasting or cake pan with at least 2-inch sides.
- Pour filling into ramekins and place in oven. Pour water into dish containing ramekins and fill with warm-hot water until it reaches half the height of ramekins.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until center of crème brûlée barely trembles. The time will depend on type (thickness of porcelain) of ramekins used.
- Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool until safe enough to handle. Place ramekins in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile make candied cashews and keep airtight.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle surface with an even coat of granulated sugar and place under a hot broiler or use a blow torch on low to medium setting and caramelize the sugar.
- Whip 1/2 cup whipping cream with 1 tablespoon sugar to soft peaks and spoon onto the cooled caramelized surface.
- Decorate with candied cashews and blackberries.