Root Beer Float Cream Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Root Beer Pie Filling
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup root beer soda
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup root beer soda
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- Crème Chantilly
- Fresh cherries (pitted and halved)
- Sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. If using a pre-made graham cracker crust, place it in the oven for 7-8 minutes and jump to step 2. To make the crust, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well blended. Press on sides and bottom of a pie tin and place in oven for 7-8 minutes. Set aside until cold.
- In a saucepan bring milk, 1/2 cup root beer, and sugar to a boil and set aside.
- Combine gelatin and 1/4 cup root beer and set aside for 3-5 minutes. Whisk into heated milk/root beer mixture and pour into a bowl large enough to hold whipped cream.
- Add root beer extract and set aside.
- In a cold bowl whip whipping cream to a medium soft peak consistency. Do not whip it stiff as you would for piping rosettes onto pies etc.
- Place root beer mixture over a bowl filled with ice and continuously whisk it until it starts to thicken similar to the consistency of Ranch dressing. If left too long on ice and mixture becomes thick (like mayonnaise), place it on a bowl of hot water to bring it back to the right consistency.
- Add whipped cream into root beer mixture and fold it in until it is combined. Scrape into cold pie shell and place in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove pie from refrigerator and prepare Crème Chantilly.
- Using a star tip, add rosettes of Crème Chantilly along outer edges of pie.
- Top with fresh cherries.
- If desired decorate pie with sprinkles.
- Cut and serve. Return remaining pie to the refrigerator.
Dixie Crystals Insight
You can also use a store-bought Graham cracker crust
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments