Root Beer Float Cupcakes
Root Beer Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- 1/2 cup root beer
Root Beer Whipped Cream Icing
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, vegetable oil and root beer concentrate, mixing until combined. Then mix in flour mixture, alternating with root beer, mixing until smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Using whisk attachment, mix on high for 1-2 minutes, or until soft peaks have formed.
- Add vanilla extract and root beer concentrate and beat for about a minute longer, or until stiff peaks have formed.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Serve immediately.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.