Root Beer Pulled Pork with Root Beer BBQ Sauce
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pounds boneless center cut pork loin
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle root beer
- Root Beer BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Place onions and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker. Combine the sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and coat the meat with the mixture. Place the meat in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- Pour the root beer around the sides of the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily.
- Shred the meat with a fork and mix it in with the juices to keep it tender.
- Serve on a bun.
- Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Root Beer BBQ Sauce:
- Place all the ingredients in a medium saucepot and stir until combined. Simmer for 30 minutes. Drizzle the BBQ sauce on top of the pork to serve.
- Store airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.