Salted Toffee Cashew Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, continue to cook, bringing butter to a boil, swirling pan constantly to avoid burning.
- Cook butter until it reaches a deep amber color. Remove from heat immediately and allow butter to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 1 minute, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in cashews, toffee, and chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Using a large (3-tablespoon) cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, and then rotate pan and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden at edges and tops are just set.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.