Scary White Chocolate Pretzel Eyeballs
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) melted butter, lukewarm
- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour*
- 1 large egg or (additional) 1/4 cup melted butter
- 12 ounce bag white chocolate melts
- 36 - 48 candy eyes
- Red icing
- For Coating
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir together water, butter and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer until yeast is mostly dissolved. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add salt and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add flour and mix use dough hook attachment on medium speed until combined. Touch the dough; if it is still really sticky and is clinging to mixing bowl, add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time until dough balls up and no longer sticks to bowl. Continue mixing using the dough hook attachment on medium speed for an additional 5 minutes. (If you do not have a stand mixer, knead by hand for 5 minutes instead.)
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll into small, one-inch balls.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl to form an egg wash, and brush tops of each pretzel until coated. (May also use melted butter.)
- Bake for 6 minutes, then broil for 1 - 2 minutes until brown.
- While pretzels are baking, melt white chocolate in microwave according to package directions.
- Remove pretzels from oven and using a skewer, dip round pretzel bite upside down into melted chocolate.
- Immediately after dipping in hot chocolate, attach candy eye to top of pretzel bite.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, use red icing to add scary veins.
- Store in an airtight container. Best consumed within 3-5 days.