Sea Salt Caramels
- Combine all ingredients, except vanilla extract, in a medium sauce pan on low to medium heat.
- Use a candy thermometer and monitor temperature while stirring occasionally.
- As thermometer reaches 240-245°F, remove pan from heat.
- Add in vanilla, and stir.
- In a greased 12x15-inch pan, pour mixture in, sprinkle with sea salt and let it cool.
- When caramel is completely cooled, cut into small squares or strips and wrap in wax paper.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashley Schoenith @heirloomedblog.