Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Citrus Carnitas
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- With paper towels pat pork shoulder dry.
- In a bowl stir together salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, cinnamon, brown sugar, and olive oil. Rub over entire pork shoulder.
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker, add sliced onions, garlic cloves, sliced jalapeño, and juices. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until pork is fork tender.
- Once pork is tender, remove from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker. Serve warm with juices.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments