Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Pulled Pork
- 16 ounces prepared salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pork loin (2-1/2 to 3-pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- For serving
- Prepared rice or corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a 4-quart or larger Crockpot, stir together salsa, chili powder, cumin, garlic, sugar and salt. Add pork and turn to coat, spooning some of the salsa over top. Cook, covered, until meat is cooked through and fork-tender, 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Remove meat to a large plate and shred with two forks. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir into cooking liquid. Serve over rice or with tortillas, topped with cheese and sour cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.
This was delicious! I was looking for more ways to use my slow cooker, and this recipe is definitely a keeper!
I just made this. The pork was so delicious! I can't stop eating it even though I'm stuffed. I'll definitely be sharing this recipe with my friends!
I cannot believe this recipe has no reviews. I went through the trouble of creating an account just to review this..it's that good. My fiance and I eat this at least a few times a month. It's his favorite thing that I make. And the best part is - it's ridiculously easy. This is really good in a tortilla with a little cheese and lime. It's juicy and flavorful and absolutely perfect. My friends all have begged me for the recipe and I always send them here. I would give this 100/5 if I could.