Cinnamon Sugar Buttercream Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 cups Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place liners in a muffin tin and set aside.
- For cupcakes, in a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture and milk in alternating additions, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Fill each liner up 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of batter with a little cinnamon sugar, reserving extra for garnish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cupcakes are set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from tin and cool completely on a wire rack
- For frosting, in bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment mix butter on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add in powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix on low for 30 seconds. Add in vanilla and milk and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.