Snickerdoodle Pie Crust
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Snickerdoodle Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Press a refrigerated pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and brush onto pie crust.
- In a small bowl mix together 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/2 cinnamon sugar mixture over pie crust. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until smooth.
- In a bowl combine flour and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to stand mixer. Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon filling into prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over top of pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments