- 1 stick unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, preferably Vietnamese
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 (11 oz) bags of classic white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 3/4 cup sugar and mix well. Add egg and mix until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Add to batter in one step and mix just until combined into dough-like consistency.
- Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten gently with palm of your hand.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over cookies.
- Bake cookies at 350°F for 8-9 minutes until pale golden. Let cool.
- Crumble cookies in a bowl and add cream cheese. Mix into a paste.
- Shape into tablespoon size balls and place on a plastic wrap lined cookie sheet.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-proof bowl and heat in 8-10 second intervals to fluid consistency. Be careful not overheat as these chips can easily scorch which will cause the chocolate sauce to thicken.
- Roll truffle balls in chocolate. Place in refrigerator for a few minutes or until chocolate has firmed.
- Roll truffles twice more into melted chocolate, reheating if necessary and cooling in between.
- Store at room temperature and consume within 3-days.