- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place pecans in a food processer and grind until very finely chopped (but not so fine as to become a flour). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and 1 cup powder sugar. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla paste/extract.
- Gently mix in flour followed by finely chopped pecans.
- Roll dough in 1-inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 15-16 minutes or until puffed and bottom of cookie is golden.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool them for 5 minutes on baking sheets.
- Gently toss warm cookies in remaining 1 cup of powder sugar to coat completely.
- Transfer coated cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
- Suggest using a food processor to chop the pecans. The finer they are the better they blend with the cookie dough.
- To keep the cookies soft longer, store in a air-tight container.
- The dough can be made ahead, frozen and baked whenever you crave some cookies. To freeze cookie dough, shape into balls, place on a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Once dough balls are frozen, remove from baking sheet and place in a freezer bag. To bake cookies, just remove dough balls from bag and bake in a preheated oven.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.