Sour Cream Pecans
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add sugar and sour cream to a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly, about 5-6 minutes, and mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. Next add pecan halves and stir until coated.
- Spread pecan mixture onto prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces before serving.
- Store airtight for up to 2 weeks.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.