Southern Fried Dressing with Coconut Cream
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator for 2 hours (or overnight).
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together cornbread, light brown sugar, salt, pecans, broth and eggs until mixture forms a dough.
- Divide dough into 6 portions and shape each into a croquette-style patty. Melt butter over medium-high heat in skillet.
- Sauté patties in butter 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until patties are golden brown.
- Coconut Cream: Remove chilled can of coconut milk from refrigerator. Scoop out cream which has separated and solidified at top. Beat cream in mixing bowl with an electric mixer 3 minutes, or until soft peaks form.
- Serve warm with a generous dollop of coconut cream sprinkled with light brown sugar.