Southern Sweet Tea
- Pour sugar into a one-gallon pitcher. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot over medium heat.
- When water begins to boil, remove from heat and place teabags in. Let steep for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, and pour tea into pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Fill pitcher rest of the way with cold water and stir until blended.
- Serve over ice in glasses. Add a lemon slice or a mint sprig to each serving if desired.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Click here to see our iced tea TV commercial from 1982!