Sparkler Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting
- Vanilla Bean Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 8 egg yolks, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- White Chocolate Frosting
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups, sifted Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups into muffin tin and set aside
- In medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla bean paste, and mix until light and fluffy. Add one egg yolk at a time waiting for previous added yolk to be fully incorporated. Scrape bowl often and mix until fully incorporated.
- Alternate flour and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape well in between additions. Do not overmix.
- Fill paper cups 3/4 full. Do not overfill cupcake liners.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, or until center of the cupcakes spring back when lightly pressed with a finger and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tins for 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack while preparing frosting.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions. While still slightly warm, melted white chocolate, cream cheese, butter and vanilla to bowl of your stand mixer and beat until combined. Add powdered sugar and mix on low, then increase speed to medium and beat until smooth.
- Pipe onto cupcakes with a star tip, add sprinkles. Store cupcakes in refrigerator until use. If using sparklers, please follow directions on package as sparklers are made for outdoor use only.
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.