Steviacane Citrus Spice Glazed Ham
- 3 cups orange juice (reserve 1/4 cup to mix with thickener)
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3/8 cup Steviacane
- or 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot for thickening
- 1 medium whole ham (12-14 lbs), precooked variety
- Combine following in a large saucepan: orange juice, brown sugar, Steviacane, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves and allspice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Blend thickener of your choice with reserved cup of orange juice.
- Add to mixture, reduce heat and continue to cook at a brisk simmer until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place ham, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan large enough to comfortably hold ham.
- Pour glaze over ham.
- Bake ham in middle of preheated oven, basting ham every 1/2 hour until done or until meat can easily be pierced with a long pronged meat fork. Cover with a loose tent of foil, if needed, to prevent over browning.
- Garnish with orange slices and roasted vegetables, if desired
We understand that you may at times want to reduce calories by limiting your sugar intake. Is it possible to do with a rich brown sugar ham glaze? Absolutely! Just check out this Citrus Spice Ham Glaze recipe. It pairs Steviacane sugar with your choice of either our light or dark natural brown sugar products. As a result, you get fewer calories but the same rich molasses flavor that our brown sugar products provide. Try this brown sugar ham glaze recipe today.