Steviacane Individual Apple Crumble
- 1/2 cup Steviacane or 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (do not omit)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 apples, (3 Granny Smith + 3 Golden Delicious)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Crumble topping
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/4 cup Steviacane or 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick cold unsalted butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine Steviacane or granulated sugar (1/2 cup), apple sauce, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Peel apples one at a time, quarter apples and cut each quarter in 5-6 slices, cut each slice in half crosswise. Place in above mixture to prevent browning. Once all apples are incorporated add flour.
- Place apples in a large mound in individual ramekins or individual aluminum shells. (mixture will shrink after baking) the butter and pour over apples.
- Prepare streusel – crumble by combining flour, cinnamon, salt and Steviacane or granulated sugar in a bowl. Using a cheese grater, grate very cold butter into small pieces directly onto flour mixture.
- Rub between your hands to turn streusel into small lumps and it becomes crumbles. (sprinkle with a little water if it refuses to crumble)
- Sprinkle crumble topping over apples and place on a foil lined (easy cleanup) cookie sheet in oven. Bake until filling bubbles like thick honey, about 35 minutes.