Strawberries and Cream Truffle Hearts
Strawberries and Cream Ganache
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed & drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces white candy chips/morsels or 16 ounces pure white chocolate*
- 1/2 ounce freeze dried strawberries, crushed into fine crumbs
Coating & Toppings
- 16 ounces white candy chips/morsels
- 2 tablespoons crushed freeze-dried strawberries
- For the Strawberries and Cream Ganache, puree thawed strawberries with sugar and lemon juice using a blender or food processor.
- Press puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of puree and pour into top bowl of a double boiler. Use any remaining puree for another use.
- Heat 1-inch of water over low heat in a saucepan and set bowl of strawberry puree on top, so that bowl seals around edges of pan but does not touch water.
- Pour white candy chips over top of puree.
- Stir every few minutes, until most of white chips are melted. This may take up to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth then stir in crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Pour strawberry ganache into silicone heart molds (that are about 1 1/2-inches wide) or pour into a non-stick tin foil lined 8-inch square pan.
- Let truffles firm up for 3-4 hours at room temperature.
- Pop truffles into freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer and immediately push hearts out. Or, lift up tin foil and peel it off square of ganache then use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- For coating and toppings, spread a thin layer of melted white morsels on bottom side of each truffle heart and allow coating to harden.
- Then dip hearts completely in melted white chocolate and set them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately, while white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle on a small amount of crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Freeze hearts for 3-5 minutes until the candy is hardened.
- Store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
*12 oz white candy chips or morsels made with palm kernel oil OR 16 oz pure white chocolate made with cocoa butter. Chocolate brands vary in sugar content and the higher the sugar content the softer the final outcome will be. We used Nestle Premier White Morsels with this recipe.
Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.