Strawberries and Cream Truffle Hearts
Strawberries and Cream Ganache
- 8 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed & drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces white candy melts or white chips
- 1/2 ounce freeze dried strawberries, crushed into fine crumbs
Coating & Toppings
- 16 ounces white candy melts or white chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons crushed freeze-dried strawberries
- For the Strawberries and Cream Ganache, puree thawed strawberries with sugar and lemon juice using a blender or food processor.
- Press puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of puree and pour into top bowl of a double boiler. Use any remaining puree for another use.
- Heat 1-inch of water over low heat in a saucepan and set bowl of strawberry puree on top, so that bowl seals around edges of pan but does not touch water.
- Pour white candy melts or white chips over top of puree.
- Stir every few minutes, until most of white chips are melted. This may take up to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth then stir in crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Pour strawberry ganache into silicone heart molds (that are about 1 1/2-inches wide) or pour into a non-stick tin foil lined 8-inch square pan.
- Let truffles firm up for 3-4 hours at room temperature.
- Pop truffles into freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer and immediately push hearts out. Or, lift up tin foil and peel it off square of ganache then use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- For coating and toppings, spread a thin layer of melted white candy melts on bottom side of each truffle heart and allow coating to harden.
- Then dip hearts completely in white candy melts and set them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately, while candy melts are still wet, sprinkle on a small amount of crushed freeze dried strawberries.
- Freeze hearts for 3-5 minutes until the candy is hardened.
- Store at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.