Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes
- 1 (16.25 oz) box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs whites
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup, plus additional for dusting Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, water, egg whites, butter, almond extract and vanilla extract, until well combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- While cupcakes cool, make the cream filling. In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sliced strawberries into whipped cream. Slice the tops off each cupcake and fill with whipped cream mixture. Place cupcake top back on and sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Grandchildren loved these
Dye free and delicious! These are always a big hit when I make them for special occasions!!! They are not overly sweet, a crowd pleasure for sure. Light and delightful! It is hard to eat just one! This is my 5yr old sons favorite cupcake!
Easy to make, and the cake is so delicous, like an angelfood cupcake!