Strawberry Coffee Cake
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat eggs and 1 cup sugar together on medium-high until thick and light in color; this will take a couple of minutes.
- Add in vegetable oil, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture into mixer in batches until it is just incorporated. Fold in about two-thirds of the diced strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with the remaining berries. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar evenly over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Remove and let cool before slicing.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.