Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Sauce
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare cupcake tin with liners. Set aside.
- Select 9 perfect strawberries (which will be cut in half later for decorating the cupcakes) and return them to the refrigerator. Remove cream cheese from refrigerator and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix butter until creamy and smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and mix well between each.
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Add one-third of flour mixture and mix until combined. Add half of Greek yogurt and mix until smooth. Add another one-third of flour and mix smooth. Add Greek yogurt, and once combined add remaining flour. Stir in 1 cup diced strawberries.
- Fill cups generously 3/4 full. Place in oven and bake for 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare frosting. Mix cream cheese and soft butter on low speed until blended. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and mix on low speed until well blended. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and mix on low to medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Prepare strawberry sauce by pureeing 1 cup strawberries, sugar, and vanilla.
- When cupcakes are thoroughly cooled spread frosting onto surface or use a piping bag fitted with a medium piping tip. Drizzle with strawberry sauce.