Strawberry Heart Mini Cheesecakes
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1.5 oz) package dried strawberries
- 16 ounce package fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake mini cheesecakes either in metal or silicone mini muffin molds. If using silicone, place on a cookie sheet and set aside. If using metal, brush evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle buttered molds with granulated sugar, shake out excess and place on a cookie sheet.
- Blend cream cheese and sugar on lowest speed, or mix by using a hand held spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add 1 egg at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps. Scrape bowl and beater between additions.
- Add flour and mix until combined. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix in dried strawberries.
- Fill molds 1/8-inch away from edge. Place in oven and pour hot water onto cookie sheet to create a water bath. Water should come 1/4-inch away from edge of cookie sheet. Bake until center of cheesecakes no longer tremble and feel set when pressed with a finger, about 30 minutes.
- Using metal serving tongs carefully lift mini muffin tin out of water. Place pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before placing in a refrigerator. Remove pan filled with water from oven when safe enough to do so.
- If silicone molds were used it is best to place the mold in the freezer for 1-2 hours as it will provide the cleanest removal results. If metal pans were used, refrigerate the cheesecakes for 2 hours. Then place two fingers on the surface and “twist and turn’ the mini cheesecakes clockwise. Place pan upside down on a plastic or parchment-lined cookie sheet and allow the cakes to slowly drop. If they refuse to come out, run some hot water on the backside of the pan as this will release them.
- Place mini cheesecakes on a serving platter and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove green part of strawberries. Cut in half. Either with a small heart shaped cutter or a pairing knife cut strawberries into a heart shape.
- Place on cheesecakes and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Dixie Crystals Insight
NOTE: Chopped cherry flavored cranberries can also be used in place of the dried strawberries.