- Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Strawberry Simple Syrup, recipe above
- 1 bottle white wine
- 1/2 cup club soda, or more to taste
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- Prepare strawberry simple syrup: In a medium-sized pot over high heat, combine sliced strawberries, water and sugar. Allow mixture to come to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes. Then turn heat to low and allow mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place a sieve on top of a glass bowl. Carefully pour strawberry mixture into the sieve, allowing liquid to flow into glass bowl. Use the back of a spoon to lightly press strawberries, extracting all liquid.
- Allow strawberry simple syrup to chill in refrigerator until cold. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- When ready to make sangria, combine strawberry simple syrup, white wine, club soda, sliced strawberries, sliced oranges, and mint leaves in a large pitcher. Stir to combine. If serving right away, add ice. Otherwise, refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
NOTE: Homemade Strawberry Sangria tastes best when made the day before.
Recipe created for Dixie Crystals by Beth Baumgartner at The First Year Blog.