Strawberry Shortcake in a Glass
- One pint fresh ripe strawberries
- Bar chocolate
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- For cake, sift together flour, first listed sugar, baking powder and salt; then, set aside.
- In a bowl mix the oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice and vanilla extract. Whisk in egg yolks followed by flour.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and remaining sugar to firm peaks. Add one third of egg whites and fold in batter.
- Add remaining whipped egg whites and fold gently.
- Scrape batter in a non-buttered tube pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Turn pan upside down onto neck of a bottle until completely cool. Remove from pan.
- For strawberry sauce, chop strawberries and puree smooth using a standard or stick (immersion) blender and mix with other ingredients until completely smooth.
- For crème chantilly, in a cold bowl, whip ingredients to medium firm peaks.
- Cut round circles of chiffon or pound cake and place on bottom of a glass. Pour strawberry sauce on cake for extra moistness.
- Cut whole ripe strawberries in half and place cut side onto glass.
- Spoon chantilly cream on strawberries.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make chocolate curls using a bar of chocolate. You can place bar of chocolate for a few seconds in a microwave oven to make it slightly softer, which will allow larger curls.
- Place chocolate curls on crème chantilly. Serve as desired.