Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh whipping cream
- 2 cups yellow or angel food cake pieces (about 3 cupcakes torn)
- Combine all ingredients (except for whipped cream and cake) in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Once combined, allow to chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight. Once chilled, add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Finish freezing in freezer.
- Once frozen, layer ice cream with cake pieces and whipped cream in freezer pop or push pop molds. Serve frozen.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.