Strawberry Sugar Cookies
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberry powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulverize freeze dried strawberries into a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add egg, vanilla, and red food coloring, if using, and mix until smooth. Add strawberry powder, flour, baking powder, and cream of tartar and mix until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.