Strawberry Swirl Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- To make the jam, add strawberries to a food processor. Process until smooth. Press through a sieve over a medium saucepan to remove seeds and pulp. Add sugar and cook over medium-low heat for 20 to 25 minutes, or until it thickens. Transfer to a container to cool.
- To make pound cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 12-cup capacity bundt pan.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add sugar a tablespoon at a time, and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add zest, juice, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour on low speed, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Add 1/3 of batter to prepared pan. Dollop jam over batter, swirl gently being careful to not let it touch sides of the pan. Repeat, and top with remaining batter. Any extra jam can be served alongside cake.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Transfer cooled cake to a cake plate. Whisk powdered sugar, zest, and juice to make a glaze the desired consistency. Add water if needed. Pour over cake and let set.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments