- 1 container (16 ounces) strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons any type of berry liquor or water
- 12 Ladyfingers
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 container (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Few drops of red food coloring paste
- Optional: Fresh raspberries to garnish
- Wash and dry strawberries. Remove stem and set strawberries with points upwards.
- Slicing from top to bottom slice 6 large strawberries in 4-5 slices. Press the nice large slices onto interior of glasses. Place remaining strawberry trim pieces into a measuring cup.
- Measure 1/2 cup of strawberry trim pieces, add more if needed. Add first listed tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoon of liquor or water. Blend to a smooth puree.
- Cut ladyfingers in half and place in a bowl. Cover with strawberry puree and gently move ladyfinger around to absorb the strawberry liquid.
- In each glass fit 2 ladyfinger halves on bottom. Cover ladyfingers with one strawberry cut in quarters. Set aside.
- In a cold bowl whisk heavy cream to soft and mousse-like consistency. It is very important not to whip until it forms a peak. Set aside in refrigerator.
- Select a saucepan and bowl which fit well together and where bowl does not hang over saucepan. Fill saucepan with 1-inch of water and bring to boil, turn to a low simmer. In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and measured water. Add sugar and whisk well. Place bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly until yolk mixture reaches 165°F. Remove from heat (at this temperature egg yolks are safe to eat).
- Add mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract and whisk smooth.
- Add soft whipped heavy cream and gently fold into the above using a spatula. In each glass ladle enough cream to fill glass halfway.
- Place remaining moistened ladyfinger pieces on top.
- Cover with additional cream all the way to the surface. Place in refrigerator.
- Using gloves mix sugar and red food color well to uniform color and set aside.
- Remove dessert from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the surface evenly with red sugar and fresh raspberries.