Strawberry Yogurt Crumb Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup yogurt, plain or strawberry flavored
- 1 1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup well-packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Butter and flour a 9x9-inch loaf pan or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Stir in yogurt and once incorporated add dry ingredients. Fold in strawberries.
- Scrape into prepared pan.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and salt.
- Melt butter but ensure it is not hot (it should be melted but thick). Add to above and mix into crumbles.
- Scatter crumbles over surface of cake and bake for approximately 43 minutes or until center bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Scatter additional strawberries on surface and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm.