Sugar Cookies with Whipped Cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and using an electric mixer, mix until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add egg, whipping cream, and vanilla. Blend thoroughly and chill until cold, approximately 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough 1/4-inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until sides and bottoms are light golden.Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate as desired.