Sugar Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Partially bake pie crust for 10 minutes. Set aside while preparing filling.
- Mix together cornstarch and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine 4 tablespoons of butter, sugar/cornstarch mixture, half-and-half, and vanilla. Whisk continuously until mixture thickens. Do not stop whisking or mixture will scorch and/or curdle.
- Remove from heat and pour into pie crust.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over pie filling. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Broil pie for about 2 minutes after baking to brûlée the cinnamon sugar on top. Watch closely while broiling.
- Let cool at room temperature for an hour before chilling or serving. Pie may be served warm or chilled.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ashton Swank @keatseats.