Sugar-Spiced Chicken with Fancy Fruit Salsa
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, ground red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry and brush one side of each breast lightly with mustard; sprinkle coated side evenly with brown sugar mixture, then place, coated side up, in a single layer in a large baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 18-20 minutes, or until tender and done.
- Meanwhile, toss fruit and almonds together, blending well.
- Heat jelly slightly to liquefy, then blend with lime juice. Spoon over fruit mixture, blending well. Reserve at room temperature until chicken is done. To serve, place chicken on serving plates and serve with salsa.