Sugared Apple and Pear Chips
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line 2-3 sheet pans with parchment paper and spray them with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let cool.
- While mixture is cooling, use a sharp knife or mandolin to thinly slice the apple and pear.
- When sugar syrup is cool, place apple and pear slices in syrup and allow them soak for a few minutes.
- Arrange apple and pear slices on sheet pans so they are close but not touching. Dust top of pear slices with powdered sugar. If desired, mix cinnamon in with powdered sugar and dust apple slices.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and remove the next morning. The chips will be crispy and ready to eat.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.