- 1 container (6 oz) raspberries
- 1 container (6 oz) blueberries
- 1 container (6 oz) blackberries
- 1 container (16 oz) strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or water
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 slices bread, preferably brioche, Challah, or sturdy white bread
- Few cherries
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with plastic food wrap and set aside.
- Before washing and cutting fruit, retain some to decorate surface later.
- Wash raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries and place on paper towels.
- Separately wash strawberries, remove stems and cut in 4-6 pieces; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, bring juices and sugar to a boil.
- Add orange zest, vanilla, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. (Do not add strawberries yet.) Gently stir to a 90-second simmer and remove from heat.
- Add strawberries and do not return to heat. Let marinate until cold.
- Gently pour fruit onto a sieve and retain all syrup/juices.
- Trim bread slices so they will fit neatly next to each other into loaf pan. Cut enough to cover all sides.
- Dip one slice at a time into syrup and place into loaf pan.
- Fill with drained fruit and cover with syrup-dipped bread slices.
- Cover with plastic food wrap. Press firmly onto surface and place in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and turn upside down onto a serving platter.
- Keep plastic on pudding until ready to serve. Remove plastic and decorate with remaining fruit.