Swedish Sweet Pretzels (Kringlor)
- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Milk, for brushing
- Swedish pearl sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add yogurt, egg, and vanilla; beat until combined.
- On low speed, mix flour mixture in two additions. Scrape down bottom and sides of bowl if needed. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, line cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop (a #40) to portion dough, working about 6 at a time. Return dough to refrigerator between batches. On a floured surface, shape each ball into a 10-inch rope. Pick up the ends and cross, pressing ends lightly to form a pretzel shape.
- Place on cookie sheet. Brush with milk, then sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake 8-9 minutes until cookies are done but still very pale. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet 1 minute, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments