Sweet Chipotle Pecans
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Set oven rack to middle position.
- Whisk together sugar, chipotle powder, cayenne pepper, salt ,and water. Fold in pecans to coat evenly.
- Pour pecans on lined baking sheet, arranging them into a single layer with a spoon so they are evenly spread out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the caramel is a dark brown, but not burned.
- Remove from oven and immediately slide off parchment paper sheet with pecans onto a cooling surface. Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- If any pecans are clustered together, break them apart. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments