Sweet Corn Relish
- 6 ears of fresh corn, husks and silks removed, and kernels removed (4 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, and finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, and finely chopped (1 cup)
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 small white onion, peeled, and minced (1 cup)
- 2 small jalapeños, cored, seeded, and minced
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes or until corn and peppers are barely tender.
- Ladle relish evenly into six sterilized, half-pint jars. Tightly lid the jars and let relish cool.
- Store in the refrigerator and use within a month.
If you like your relish on the spicier side, add an additional jalapeno to your taste.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.