Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 2 small sweet potatoes or 1 large sweet potato)
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar, optional to garnish
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- To prepare sweet potatoes, lightly drizzle sweet potatoes with olive oil bake at 425°F on a rimmed baking sheet until fork tender. Peel and mash. OR peel potatoes, cube and boil until fork tender. Mash.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Spray an 8X8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium low heat. Careful not to brown.
- Add chocolate chips. Mix until melted. Set aside.
- In bowl of mixer add sweet potatoes, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Add vanilla extract, and melted chocolate. Mix until combined.
- Add salt, flour, and cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes until edges start to pull away from sides.
- Allow to cool completely prior to slicing.
- Sprinkle with optional powdered sugar if desired.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.