Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 7x11 baking dish or use non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepot, add sweet potatoes and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat, cover, and cook until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer boiled sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Mash well. Add dark brown sugar, butter, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and 1/2 cup half and half. Use a mixer or an emulsion blender to combine until smooth. Continue to add up to another 1/2 cup half and half until desired consistency is reached.
- Fold in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until baked through. Top with mini marshmallows and return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows are browned.