Sweet Potato Yum
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream (or whole milk)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour*
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I like to mix walnuts/pecans)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all main ingredients until well-blended and place in medium casserole dish.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to blend topping ingredients into a pea-sized crumble mixture.
- Spread evenly over main ingredients and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy this custard-style side dish with all your holiday meals!