Sweetheart Strawberry Milkshake
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups prepares strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Pink food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate candy melting wafers
- Creme Chantilly
- Vanilla Ice Cream: In a saucepan, heat milk and sugar, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and place in heatproof bowl or measuring cup, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled. Add in heavy cream strawberry puree and vanilla. Churn and freeze according to manufacturer directions.
- Prepare glasses: Melt chocolate wafers according to package instructions. Pour into piping or zip-top bag. Cut a small hole in bag and create chocolate drips down each glass. Chocolate hardens fast so add sprinkles immediately, then move on to next glass.
- Milkshake: Combine ice cream, milk, and frozen strawberries in high-powered blender. Can use more milk if necessary. Pink food coloring optional.
- Top with Creme Chantilly and sprinkles.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.