- 1 pound tamarind pulp
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder or chile de arbol powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chile lime powder
- Place tamarind pulp in a large saucepan with water over low medium heat. Stir until pulp has softened. Turn heat off and stir in sugar, salt and chile powder. Stir frequently until ingredients have mixed evenly and mixture has cooled to touch.
- For coating, place sugar and chile lime powder in a small shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon tamarind paste. Roll in between hands to make a ball, transfer to sugar and chile lime powder bowl and roll to coat evenly. Repeat, with clean hands before rolling next ball. Arrange on a serving plate and enjoy.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.