Tangy Mint Julep Smoothie
- In a sauce pan combine sugar and water. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and simmer 5 minutes forming a simple syrup. Remove from heat.
- Add crushed mint leaves and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain out the mint leaves. Let cool.
- In a blender combine 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice, 1/2 cup unsweetened plain yogurt, 1 oz of your favorite Kentucky bourbon, and 1/4 cup mint syrup.
- Add crushed ice and blend to your desired consistency.
- Best served in a chilled julep cup with a sprig of mint.
- Store extra mint syrup in a closed glass jar.