Tennessee Lemon Pie
- 3 eggs, separated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 9-inch Pure Butter Pie Crust, pre-baked
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat egg yolks for 2 minutes. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- Transfer mixture to a double boiler and cook, stirring constantly, until very thick and a thermometer reads at least 182°F, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer or stand mixer, until stiff peaks form. Add remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar and beat until just combined.
- Fold egg whites into the custard, until just combined. Pour into pre-baked pie crust and then bake for 15 minutes, until pie is set. Top will lightly brown.
Dixie Crystals Insight
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments