Texas Cowboy Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy then gradually add sugar and brown sugar; continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition and scraping down sides as needed.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce mixer to low, slowly add flour mixture mixing until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips, oats, shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Using dampened hands scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough and form dough into balls. Place on parchment line cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten slightly with dampened hand.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate baking sheet and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.